Return to the Metro NY Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
community garden plots in brooklyn?

Posted by lycheeluva 6/7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 8:28

anyone know of any community garden plots in brooklyn?
what are the basic rules.

i.e.- how do you get a plot? how much does it cost? can you plant fruit trees in the plot or only annuals? how much land are you allotted etc?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: community garden plots in brooklyn?

• Posted by yipla z6/7 NYC (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 15:50

I have wondered the same for manhattan, but I imagine the available plots are very few there. When I looked it up in manhattan though, if you could get a plot, the cost was only like $25/year.

o
RE: community garden plots in brooklyn?

i'm a member of a community garden in bed stuy. far from home but it was the closest place where i could actually get a private bed.

at this point i'd say good luck, plots everywhere have been snatched up like mad. guess a lot of people are forseeing a big rise in food prices and suddenly vegetable gardening is in again.

to get a plot you'd want to find gardens near you and talk to the main contact. you can track that info down through greenthumbnyc.org. most beds are in the $20 area, and you of course have to work at the garden from time to time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metro NY Gardening Forum

Instructions

• You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
  • HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
  • No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here